Since I’m on an update tear, here is a list of the music I’ve been listening to this week:
- I Feel Love by The Blue Man Group w/ Annette Strean. I really like the video of this. She is adorable and has a great voice. I like Blue Man anyhow (I’ve seen them twice so far). Her facial expressions are the type I think every guy wants a woman to make.
- Dear Prudence by Siouxsie and the Banshees. I heard this on 89.3 in my car and purchased it on iTunes when I got home. I’ve almost driven it into the ground, but not quite.
- Us by Regina Spektor. I got this one from Halley. She reminds me a lot of a Tori Amos and/or Fiona Apple (Regina Spektor that is).
- Space Oddity by The Langley Schools Music Project. This is pretty F’d up right here. Its a bunch of Canadian grade school kids singing David Bowie’s Space Oddity. It was recorded in 1977. For whatever reason I was looking at the celebrity play list on iTunes for Elijah Wood and it was listed. Its wierd and addictive.
- God Only Knows by The Beach Boys. I also have a very of this by the above mentioned Langley Schools Music Project. I think it might be the sweetest song every written.
- Etude #2 by Luciano Supervielle. Phillip Glass’s private label Orange Mountain Music just released a CD of techno/ambient covers of his music. This is a version of Glass’s Etude #2, which might be my favorite piece of music of all time. Its a very subtle rendition insofar as I didn’t even know it was Etude #2 until about 45 seconds in.
- Pink & Blue by Outkast. There is been at least one song by Outkast in my current favorites playlist now for over a year.
In a world where you have instant access to almost every piece of music recorded, its difficult to find new things to listen to. The above list is pretty eclectic, as are the sources I got them from. I’m posting it just because it might take someone off on their own musical tanget if they take moment to listen.