Here is a quick collection of science questions I’ve cobbled together after having a discussion last night with someone going into teaching. Try to answer them before you look at the answer. I’ve picked a few simple things that I think people should know in area of Earth Science:
- What is the single largest factor that contributes to the warming of the earth? Answer: the Sun.
- What gas in the Earth’s atmosphere is responsible for trapping the most heat? Answer: water vapor.
- To within a few percent, what percentage our atmosphere is made up of CO2? Answer: approximately 0.036%.
- What is the most abundant gas in the Earth’s atmosphere? Answer: Nitrogen. Approximately 80%
- What is the closest star to Earth? Answer: the Sun
- Why is it warmer in the summer than in the winter?Answer: the tilt of the Earth. The Earth is actually closest to the Sun in January.
Enjoy. Highlight the end of the question to get the answers.