I’m home, but very tired. Here is a quick update listing some things I did in Hawaii:
- Went to the top of Mona Kea, and stood at the highest elevation I’ve ever been at (just a hair under 14,000 feet)
- Got to see the largest telescopes in the world (Keck 1 &2, Subaru, Gemini)
- Walked on all sorts of lava flows and quickly destroyed my shoes.
- Swam on the world’s only green sand beach.
- Stood at the southern most point in the US
- Swam with a sea turtle
- Added 3 more national parks to my list
- Walked in rainforests and lava tubes
- Saw the steam plume from an active lava flow entering the ocean.
- Slept out under the stars about 10ft from the ocean.
It was a good trip.