Yesterday I launched a new feature on my site with a guest post from Anil Polat and his trip to Northern Iraq.
This is something I’m hoping to make a weekly feature. I’m looking for people with interesting stories to tell. It might be a trip or it might be something more big picture.
I thought of how to best feature other travelers and decided not to do the typical email interview because those have gotten very stale and boring. I might do a few here and there just to mix things up, but I’d rather have people tell their own stories.
Here are the criteria I’m laying down:
- You don’t have to be a blogger to participate. Any good story is welcome.
- You should have photos available to add to your post. Video is also welcome.
- The story doesn’t have to be a travel narrative. It just hast to be interesting. Your latest press trip might not be that interesting.
- You should shoot for at least 1,000 words. I will almost certainly reject anything significant shorter than that.
- If it smells like an attempt at just getting some keyword stuffed SEO links, I will reject it. Don’t worry, there will be links.
- I practice blatant cronyism. If I know you or if you’ve been a frequent commenter on my site, your odds of getting accepted are greater.
Just email me with your idea and we can go from there.